I returned home yesterday to a letter from my bank asking if I would like to get emotional support to discuss what I went through after I got defrauded of £3

I returned home yesterday to a letter from my bank asking if I would like to get emotional support to discuss what I went through after I got defrauded of £3
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

These are the kind of situations that come as a cultural shock to me, because warris this, emotional support ni
Abi this people are not aware I'm a full blooded Nigerian.
Nigeria that 4million naira disappeared from one lady's zenith bank account and they are yet to refund everything ni🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Funny thing is my bank already refunded the lost £3.
I mean in less than 24hrs after talking with me extensively. 
Now what happened?

So I saw this discount sales ad on Facebook. Normally I'm not the type to jump at things like this, but after I did what I would assumed was due diligence, I decided to give it a shot because it was just a £3 purchase and  an amount I could risk.
What I didn't put into consideration was the fact that I was putting my card details out there. 

Well so it turned out it was fraud and 3days after they tried taking another £50 from my account using a different description. 
I forgot to mention that this transaction was from Cyprus, probably that was a red flag for my bank so they declined the transaction immediately. 
They put a call through to me to confirm if I initiated the transaction but I didn't pick up as I was at work. They dropped a message asking me to reply with a certain letter if I was not aware of the transaction,  I replied and they called immediately to inform me that my card has been blocked.
They also requested that I called them as soon as possible. 

Later that evening, I called and we talked extensively. They asked me to destroy my card as they would be sending a new one.
They also said they would take responsibility for the £3 and should expect a refund in 24hrs.

Yesterday, I got this letter to seek for emotional support and a new ATM pin

What a country 

Nigerian banks I learnt are selling the new naira notes
100k to get 80k
What a country😪

Written by Louisa Louis Michael.

Comments

Popular Posts